3 Reasons to buy Hypoallergenic Jewellery
Hypoallergenic jewellery is made of metals not likely to cause an allergic reaction. Different metal allergies exist, but a nickel allergy is the most common. Many metals used in jewellery are alloys--a mixture of metals combined for additional strength. Nickel is a common additive that reinforces softer metals like silver or gold. But nickel causes an allergic skin reaction in 15% of the population. Therefore, jewellery is usually considered hypoallergenic if it contains no nickel or not enough nickel to cause a skin reaction.
- Hypoallergenic Jewellery Won’t Cause Rashes
Hypoallergenic jewellery is usually medical grade and compatible with the human body. The purer the metal, the less chance of an allergic reaction.
- Comfortable Wearing All Day
After you put in a pair of low-quality earrings, it can take minutes, hours or days for the symptoms to flare up. Usually, you’re not at home when you start to feel it. Hypoallergenic jewellery feels comfortable no matter how long you wear it. It saves you from worrying about sneaking away from the fun to remove or change your jewellery.
- Hypoallergenic Jewellery Lasts
Consider it a memory in the making. Investing in quality jewellery enhances your look and style. Medical grade jewellery lasts a long time. Buy something that you really love. Don’t settle for a piece just because it’s hypoallergenic.
- Go nickel-free when jewellery shopping. If your skin is sensitive to nickel (no matter how sensitive), wearing jewellery containing nickel will never be enjoyable. Purge your jewellery collection of nickel, and use it as the perfect reason to shop for new earrings, rings, and necklaces.
- Don’t wear cheap costume jewellery.Costume jewellery is often high in nickel. If you have a nickel allergy, investing in pieces that will be kind to your skin and withstand the test of time is worthwhile.
- Visit your dermatologist.This is an essential first step in determining whether or not you have a nickel allergy or if something else is causing skin irritation.
Top 3 picks for sensitive skin:
All of our jewellery is high-quality & hypoallergenic, here are are 3 our most ♡ loved picks: